Thursday, September 27, 2012

Back in Hong Kong after two months away


Hard to believe that two months have passed since my horseback riding accident. Yesterday was my first full day back in Hong Kong and I was not feeling too great. On my last flight my sinuses were giving me hell and my back was aching, finally we made it to dreary Hong Kong, back to the doom and gloom. I decided to stay in yesterday, fearful of the pollution that I was seeing outside. So I took on one of my projects, to do a self portrait. What hard work to really look at yourself and shoot yourself for hours on end. At first it was, oh my God do I really have to do this, and by the end even though I was exhausted I had fun playing and looking at myself and all of my different faces. Today the sun came out and I hit the streets, I tried out my new camera and was not really satisfied with the photos, so tomorrow I will hit the pavement again! Tonight my friend Ken and his dad Jack arrive to spend a few days in HK and then we go to Macau to celebrate Ken's birthday, following that we go to Saigon for four days. My Ken has never been to Saigon, neither has the other Ken, so this should be fun. I must say I had mixed feelings coming back to this place that has made me so sick the past nine months, but it is nice to be in my own little bubble, do what I want and not really have to worry about the rest of the world. There is a certain heaviness of being home and having obligations, one does not realize, but they certainly take a toll on you. My husband set a retirement date and I know he is looking forward to his time to start having some fun. Unfortunately for him it is in September 2014 due to his many family obligations. I pray that time pass quickly for him. Here are a few photos of todays outing, I went out to find the zoo and got sidetracked. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. The crane is a beauty and it is the national bird of Uganda.






No comments:

Post a Comment