Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cuba, Havana, Viñales and more

Ken and I just returned from an amazing week in Cuba! What an experience, what a gloriously grand city and what a country!  For years I was conflicted with the idea of traveling to Cuba, do I honor my mother's wishes or do I travel to Cuba and see the "motherland" my roots, where I came from.

I had heard so many stories about Cuba, so many negatives and positives that at the end of the day the right opportunity presented itself and I decided to jump on it and go! We went on a "people to people"
cultural exchange and it was just that! We interacted with everyone, they are friendly, open and warm!
The city of Havana itself is one of the most grandiose cities ever, only Paris compares to Havana.

I cannot believe how neglected and state of disrepair the city is in, another reason to go now before they knock everything down!

I will post some photos shortly and continue my thoughts....

No comments:

Post a Comment