Thursday, August 16, 2012

So much to say and so little time!

Somehow it seems as if there is never enough time to sit down in front of the computer and write my thoughts.
I am going to have to make a point of setting some time once a week to try and summarize my week.
So I will start with the Olympics, I can say that the opening and closing ceremony was painful to watch, but this will be one of the most memorable summer olympics in history for me.
Seeing the first man run with carbon fiber legs, a beautiful poised young black girl make history in gymnastics, to witness Michael Phelps become a nice, humble young man. The U.S.women's 4x4 oh my God, how amazing was that! And so many more moments that I can recall.
What was so vivid in my mind is a piece that ABC did (I think it was ABC)  did on the Chinese, how the focus is to zero in on the sport that gives out most medals and then  focus their athletes and develop them in that specific venue to make sure they win the medal count. These kids are taken away from their families at such a young age, swatted with rulers, sitting on the floor with men standing on legs of  little girls five and six years old girls crying out in pain! Someone at my home this weekend said "well at least the have a life, and most of them come from poor homes, my answer to that is that because they are poor does not mean they are unhappy! How many people do I know that are rich and unhappy! Being poor is not the equivalent to being unhappy, that is upserd. I am thrilled that the U.S. was on top with 102 metals! Just goes to show that even though these kids are dedicated beyond belief, they can still have somewhat of a "normal life" go to high school and experience what being a kid is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment