Thursday, November 6, 2014

Fabulous by 50! Two months to go!

Notice the woman turning 50 who knows the first half of her life was just practice for what is yet to come. 


So for the for years I have been saying that I want to be fabulous by 50!

What  does that mean? I remember when Oprah turned 50 and her show was all about weight loss.

As you can imagine this has taken several turns for me as my mother likes to always remind me "I am
a defective model".

So having this defective internal carriage has been challenging, all my life, being "beautiful" has always brought attention for all the wrong reasons, no one ever saw me, they saw the "beautiful body"  that was carrying me. I know many of you are probably rolling your eyes just about now, but when you had to tell most of the men I worked I encountered to have a conversation with me, and not my breasts (not the way I exactly worded it). After most of my life being seen as a piece of meat, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto disease, an auto immune disease that affects and slowly kills the thyroid.
Long story short, having energy, getting off the couch, taking meds  three times a day and getting blood drawn every six months for the last 14 years are just a few things I deal with on a daily basis.

I do not tell you this to gain sympathy, I tell you this because even though there were years where
the doctors could not figure out what meds were a fit for me, my weight went up and down.
I am not going to say that it did not bother me, but it was not my main focus, my health was my primary concern, the weight was just a consequence of the disease.

These are just one of the many issues I deal with and I can say with certainty that while I want to
be fabulous at 50, my ideal of fabulous is different from most people.

I want to be "healthy" in the best way possible for me, which means, getting my psychical health, back.  Two years ago I broke my back, another setback.

So now I am focused on Health, Walking, Pilate's, watching my sugar, eating a bit more consciously.

Growing spiritually, getting back to mindfulness, meditating and being true to my spirit.

Enjoying my family and friends, traveling, dinners, wine and art.

Traveling, getting to my 100 countries before I am 60! Learning and experiencing other cultures.

Focusing on women and how they view themselves and how they are viewed in society will be my focus.  I have a feeling that this will be a very complex issue for many, including myself.

What do I want, when I am 93 years of age or so, I want people to say that I lived life to MY own rhythm,
That I lived it fully  with out regret and that I was kind to myself and others, and if a few want to say "and she had nice tits" thats okay with me.

For my project, I am asking for women to pose, nude, maybe with some props, but hopefully not, the purpose is to be rid of the fear of aging, getting old, being comfortable enough in your own skin.
Create a conversation, in which we can enlighten ourselves and our youth. It is not about your skin color,  your weight, your height, your age, your sexual preference, your religious beliefs. It is about your character, who are you?  Are you proud of the person you are? What would your legacy be?
Email me, if you want to participate :-)












No comments:

Post a Comment