Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What Self Revealed the "Naked" photography project has revealed to me.

Yesterday I reached a milestone, I photographed 50 women for my Self Revealed photography project.  I still do not have the diversity I want but I am thrilled with the outcome so far.
The most significant thing about this project is the profound affect it has had on me and I am not sure I will ever find the words to express the enormous amount of emotions or the hours on end of reflection i have after a photo shoot.

I also did not realize the impact I would have on the majority of these women where my photographing them has been a "life changing" experience for them.  I have said it at least 100 times, I know that getting naked in front of a stranger is not an easy thing, but the women that come with an open mind and heart are open to an experience the allows them to see what I see, that they are beautiful beings of light!

All my life I have been surrounded by women that are all too quick to pass judgment on other women because they "don't fit in" and I will admit that I on a few occasions have been guilty of such pettiness.
I always hear  Maya Angelou's voice in the back of my mind stating that she does not allow other women in her presence speak ill of other women and if they ever did she would ask them to leave.

What a concept, if we all could live up to this standard how wonderful would the world be.
It seems that my project was a few months ahead of its time with all the body conscious campaigns such as "I am no angel". Why do we solely focus on our exterior and not our soul/spirit?

Why is it that we are the ones that are most critical of ourselves and then expect someone to love us when all we do is point out or flaws.

I will tell you that skinny or full figured, I have witnessed and felt women's pain along this journey and if there is one thing I wish for all of the women that have so bravely taken this journey with me is love!

Love yourself first and always! Never surrender your power, never give anyone the power to make you feel less than you are and never allow anyone make you feel not worthy.

I love you and have faith that you will continue your journey of self love and discovery!.

Elizabeth

p.s. if you are one of those women and have been moved by this experience please share your experience. It is with the hopes that we can change lives one woman at a time. ;-)
























1 comment:

  1. Wow!! The pictures are so beautiful! I wish I could be photographed like that

    ReplyDelete