Friday, March 23, 2012

Doctor visit number two, more meds and more green gook!

You are probably wondering why I have not written a post, I have been busy being sick! Sorry to be gross, but I have had more green gook coming out of my nose and throat than I thought humanly possible!
The diagnosis, huge sinus infection along with bronchial infection. The doctor was trying not to put me on antibiotics again since I was just on it two weeks ago, but due to my rapid decline she is now bombarding me from everywhere!
I will not bore you any further with details, hopefully they will kick in and I will be ready for Vietnam! I have also been taking a photography class! Imagine that! I have never had formal training and was having technical issues.
The solution, Craig Norris, has to be the most technical guy I have ever met. A camera geek is an understatement!
Tuesday is my final class. Ken has been traveling all over China and comes home tonight. I would show you a few photos, but my Lightroom is giving me technical difficulties! Hopefully my Lightroom guru Jamie will straighten me out!
I thought I would leave you with the one of Ken's stories from his travels this week.
Enjoy!
So, today's lunch included bowls of boiled pig's feet (just like in the market) with little plastic gloves to wear while you picked them up to try to dis-assemble the toes and find something to eat.  I found nothing but fatty skin (not even crispy); and all I could think about was "where has this foot been - and stepping in what!?".   The rest of the fare, delivered today on a motorized 8 ft Lazy Susan, was the usual:  tiny whole river fish, funky meats from what?, chicken feet, tounges, wingtips, etc, 5 kinds of noodles, 3 kinds of spicy beans and tofu, lots of bok choi and broccoli, and of course, peanuts to be eaten one-by-one with chopsticks.  Everything was a specialty of GanZhou, I was told. Chinese only drink wine by downing the whole glass at once, so I must have had a bottle-and-a-half of "vintage" Great Wall red after the 30 or so toasts I had to respond to during a 2-hr  lunch.  Note to self: do not serve Ann Colgin cabernet to Chinese. Every Chinese CEO is a philosopher at heart.  Lunches are an amazing tour-de-force of quotes and parables from Hegel, Confucious and Mao.  I have to give them credit for erudition - or was it just the wine?

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment