Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hard Drive fried and so am I

Today was a beautiful day, perfect temperature and sunshine! This has been a bad week, still seeing green (if you know what I mean) and my hard drive died, that means all my photos from all my travels fried! Can it get any worse! Yes, I could of not had a back up. So for all of you that do not back up, BACK UP! I would have died if I did not back up!  This is the reason for no photos temporarily. I have to get organized again and this will take a while, because I am no technical guru. Tomorrow I go to the doctor's again. Lets see what she says this time. I have five days to clear my head and chest before going to Vietnam. Keep your fingers crossed.
Here is your fun fact:
When the Chinese in Hong Kong marry, they go through two wedding ceremonies. The first is the official signing of the register and the bride wears a white western bridal dress. The second ceremony is the banquet which can take place up to two years later. The marriage is not recognised until the banquet takes place. During the banquet the bride wears the traditional red mandarin collared gold embroidered dress and a tea ceremony takes place where the bride and groom serve tea to the groom's parents.



1 comment:

  1. Oh Elizabeth, I know how it feels to lose precious photographs. I once lost important photographs from a special family event after my computer broke down. Anyway, the bright side is I had learned the importance of having back-up copies of all my files. Just look forward to the new photographs that you will be taking in the future. :)



    Ruby Badcoe

    ReplyDelete