Friday, July 20, 2012

Gathering details on my throw from Shadow

Today I went to Platte Ranch to see my angel Bill and to give him a small gift as a token of my appreciation.
I saw Bill in the distance and I started to get choked up as I walked to him. We embraced and I kissed my Bill.
I introduced Ken to Bill and we had great conversation, and then he started giving Ken details about my accident.
I was thrown from Shadow landed on my back side and then rolled and rolled. Bill started to tell Ken that I even mounted another horse and tried to ride. I told Bill that I did not think I could ride, got off the horse and walked
for a bit, I then told Bill I could no longer walk and the rest of the story you know. Yesterday I went back to the hospital because even though I complained about my head aching they never scanned my neck or brain. The good news is that my neck is clear, but my brain has some "changes" in the white matter in the back of my brain. I have an appointment next week with a trauma neurologist to see what is going on with my brain. I am amazed at how strong my body is, I walk and walk around the ranch and even though I am in constant pain, I have decided not to take the pain killers, I am only taking the muscle relaxants to help with the swelling in my back and neck. I loved seeing Bill today, meeting his wife, and being able to give him another hug before I left. Bill asked me if I would ride again and I told him yes, and he said he looked forward to riding with me again. I am so very thankful for being alive, able to walk, and on my way to recovery.  I am thankful for all the prayers and well wishers.
Ken has to travel for a few days, so my friend Nery and my daughter are flying out on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment