Thursday, July 12, 2012

Listen, follow, and embrace your gut!

I am absolutely exhausted! I do not know what time or day it is, what I do know is that God gives you a voice, called your gut, your inner voice, your guardian angel, what ever you want to call it, listen to it! After 25 hours of traveling and fourteen hours time difference, sleeping less than three hours, my body, spirit, still spoke to me. I needed to go to Silverthorne today, I was awake since three a.m., at seven thirty I was to meet Jeff to go over some things that need to be done at the house. I needed to be back by twelve thirty because I was meeting Rick to  go over the things he was attending to outside. By eleven i I was dead tired, I just wanted to get home and crash. After buying all my cleaning items at Target, I was almost home on highway nine, and I see a guy walking, I look, and something hits me like a Ton of bricks, the hairs on my head stand up! I pull in to my drive way and decide it is not a good idea as he was too close, I quickly closed the gate again and jump in to my car and drove a couple hundred yards turn in to a rock pit where I could watch this man. As I watched him he confirmed to me that something was so wrong, he had no bags, no water and walking the highway to no where, his movements were disturbing, always looking over his shoulders. Looking towards the houses in the woods. Finally he passed my gate, and I gave him time to clear a bit more distance, by that time I knew my next appointment would be at my home, they were the longest fifteen minutes of my life. I pulled back out and started to drive back, he looked at me and I at him, and he nodded. The hairs on my arms stood straight up, I turned in to my driveway and he looked back. I quickly got out to unlock the gate, barreled across the cow pass and got out to lock the gate again. I got home and raced for my binoculars to see where he was. He crossed the street and sat across the street at the fence of the gravel pit, and I paced and waited. He decided to move and I could see Rick pulling in and I sighed a moment of relief. I continued to watch as Rick pulled up, I went to greet him, and he said, what are you looking at? I said a guy that makes the hairs on my neck stand, I think I am going to call the sheriff. I called and the dispatcher took my information, and told me to keep an eye out and she would send a sheriff. Five minutes passed and the phone rang, and the sheriff confirmed my suspicion. This man was released earlier today from prison and was hitch hiking, not once did I see him with his thumb out. The sheriff told me to keep my eyes on him and that if he tried to jump the fence to call 911. I started to pray and watch, pray to God that he would continue to walk and find his way far away from any trouble here. I finished my meeting with Rick and lost sight of the man. I then called my alarm company to see how I arm my home while me being inside. I cleaned the stove for eight hours trying to clear my mind, and then the fridge. And almost twenty fours hours since I awoke I am completely and utterly exhausted, physically, psychically, and emotionally. I am so thankful to have listened to my gut. The one thing I did ignore my gut days before when it kept telling me to go buy a gun and now I know why, because even though we are removed from society in the mountains of Colorado, society is not removed from us. good night and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment