Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bhutan...still not sure about the GNH factor

Bhutan has yet to move me, while the landscapes are beautiful, the buildings are incredibly detailed with color and  the Amman hotels are fabulous, there is still something lacking in the people of Bhutan.  The people are reserved at best, there are not many that engage in conversation. I am not sure why, but I have six more days to figure it out and give you an overall impression on Bhutan. The second photo is of the lady that made Bill blush. The one of me was a ceremony in which the monk blessed us for a safe journey. The monk tied a red string around our necks, prayed, threw salt, chimed the bell along with the thunderbolt (these two objects represent man and woman) and told us that we were to keep the string on for a minimum of three days and then tie it to a tree or let it down the river. I am not sure which one I will do, but I think I will keep it for the rest of my journey as most of the roads are not paved, no barriers and at incredible altitudes.
                                     





No comments:

Post a Comment