Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The end of an enlightening journey through Bhutan

This morning I sit and recall the past ten days in Bhutan, as my bags are packed and getting ready to leave Bhutan,
I will say that this is not the typical trip I would plan for myself and Ken, but this trip has been inspirational in so many ways. I think that hiking, pushing yourself to extremes and then being able to pray and reflect is a great thing. These ten days have been about praying for myself, mainly for my loved ones, some more than others. Being in a country like this  makes you realize the importance of believing in something, be it Buddha, God, Allah, it is important to have faith in something. I do not believe in any organized religion, I believe there is a God and as long as he/she and I are on the same page then life is good. I believe that I have to hold myself accountable for my actions and there is no need for me to seek someone else to absolve me from my sins. I will say that I have prayed for my soul to be cleansed from "humanly" impurities, at the cleansing ceremony with the Monk yesterday, after hiking Tiger's Nest. One does not realize how high it is until it takes you an hour and a half to come down. Here are a few photos and will finish my story a bit later. I am now in Bangkok waiting for my connection to Hong Kong, I will try to upload some photos now. The rest I will load from Hong Kong, have to board my flight. Thanks to Bill and Laura for being such great travel companions! Safe travels!

                                         The small white spec in the middle mountain is where we hiked to



                                                         Ken tying string to prayer flag
                                                            Cleansing ceremony


                                           This you will see all over painted on walls and like this

                                              55 pound metal jacket, to be worn as you walk three
                                                 times around the Dzong to release sins
                                                           archery


No comments:

Post a Comment