Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wadi Rum, and Aqaba Jordan

I have so much to tell and so little time, I will start by saying my phone died and two days later my Mac died too! We also have had a terrible time trying to log on Jordan's very limited Internet service. I am now on my IPad, so please forgive any typo's. I am not sure where I left off but the most important thing on my mind is why men treat woman so unequally if the Koran says man and woman should be treated equally? Why is it that a woman has to cover herself from head to toe and in temperatures exceeding 105 degrees and the man is able to wear what he wishes? Why do the men treat the woman this way? I think that it is so disrespectful, and I cannot wrap my head around it. The only reason that I can think of is that men here know that women in general are smarter (no bias) and that if given the opportunity we would rule the world. My other question is why do women tolerate being second class citizens? I wish I could find someone to speak to about this to help me understand their way of life. More one this later, In the desert Lauren and I took our first balloon ride! What a treat, so smooth and so hot! Every time the man pulled the arm to blow the torch up, I would feel the hairs on my head and arms singe. We then took our second camel ride and I of course always get the awnery animal. In Wadi we did a tour and then went to the rocks to watch the sunset, as I approach the rocks I pause to see how I am going to get up, and I look at Lauren and say "I smell poop" well of course I did, I was three feet deep in SHIT! What luck! I decided I was not going to let it bother me and had one of the best laughs in a long time. I just kept on thinking of the soul that left his green and very stinking poop on my shoe. My guide Ahmed swore he was going to find him and kill him! In all his years as a guide he has never encountered so many issues with his guests. To tell you the truth neither have I, it seems like a black cloud is testing me everyday and I refuse to give in and spoil my precious time with my daughter. Ahmed my guide tried to wipe the poop with wipes and then some water, but the amount was so much that he took off his hat and used it to clean most of it off. Ahmed then proceeded to carry my shoe down the mountain and to the truck and the smell was horrendous. We then put it in a plastic bag and I went barefoot the rest of the tour through them desert. More on Wadi later. I wanted to let my cousin, the little mermaid, know that I thought of her every moment of my day today as I snorkeled for hours, seeing every beautiful fish and sea creature imaginable. I wish I could bring her to see real beauty. Hopefully one day we will take a trip somewhere for her to see what a real reef looks like. Now I am going to have dinner with Lauren and call it a night. Tomorrow Lauren dives, I will snorkel and then we are off to Turkey! Love to all, E

No comments:

Post a Comment