Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New Territories...

Today I thought I would go to visit the Wetlands in Tim Shui Wai part of the New Territories. So I got my map and headed off, three MTR rides, a light rail, crossed the overpass to the Wetlands and it was closed! Tuesday's they are closed! Crap! So I got back on the light rail and went to the center part of town and saw a Pagoda and decided to take a walk before heading back, after all, I had just taken an hour ride to come out here, had to make use of my time.The Pagoda is the beginning or the end of a trail called the Pin Shan Heritage Trail. The Tang Clan one of the five great clans settled here in the 12th century. These photos are just a few of the buildings and architecture representative of the beautiful old Chinese style, many of them in disarray. These buildings are what much of the New Territories look like, dozens of buildings clustered together, with thousands of residents. The table and bookshelves are in Andrea Oschetti's home in Hong Kong, last night Ken and I attended his lecture as part of the Cathay Camera Club. Today Ken and I visited Cecilia, a painter, and a very animated and fun person.Ken will start painting with her on Thursday! The photo of the restaurant where we had dinner and our building and the view from the lobby area.  I thought I would share some of Ken's work Saturday at Hong Kong Park. Tonight it was much cooler and sprinkling. Good morning, everyone!





This last one is Ken, a gentleman that saw Ken painting sketched him.













1 comment:

  1. I love your posts and look foward to hearing about your adventures! Your ability to paint a verbal picture works as I imagine your travels throughout the city. Love the pics and keep them coming! I may not always comment but know I am following!
    Love you prima!
    Besos y cariƱos!

    ReplyDelete