Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Remember Me.....

Given my luck the past few days of visiting places that are closed, I thought I would give the cemetery a shot, not much chance of them being closed. I started with the Muslim one, sits on a corner and is almost at a 75 degrees angle. These are the signs they have posted, they also have one that says beware of snakes! Ken would not like that! Some of the folks are from the first world world war and many are from the second world war and I could not read most of them, but I read they were from India originally and are here now. I then proceeded to the Catholic cemetery, and at the entrance they have this sign that is rather morbid, not because I am afraid of dying, but because there are thousands upon thousand of bodies here that probably had no idea they would lay in Hong Kong. After the Catholic, I went to another one, no denomination, Christian, and the only one that had birds singing, even though they are all next to each other, this one is the only one with happy birds. I always visit cemeteries when I travel to places to get a sense of history and whom has passed. These cemeteries are full of Scottish, British, Portuguese, and every other nationality. I guess this just confirms my desire to be cremated, instead of in a broken, forgotten place that has no special meaning to me what so ever. A photograph on my tombstone, or on a niche, what if it was when I was having a bad day? But I guess any day is better alive than the alternative of having your photo displayed. While I reflect, the Muslims said it  best on their plaque, visiting graves can remind people of the "hereafter". And so it does, regardless of me visiting them or not, I am thankful to be alive. I think I will like it best, if I could be like the last tombstone that said "Forever in our Hearts". a nice thought. I then decided to walk home and found a temple on a side street and went in and I prayed, to my God, their God and all the Gods, for the health and happiness of those I love and know.
I think when you walk through these places that are all next to each other, you realize that we all are born, we all live and we all die, regardless of religion. We are all human and until the HUMAN race understands this, I guess people will continue to die and continue to bury, because of extreme ideals, philosophies, religious beliefs. I am sure God did not intend for man to hate each other as much as they do. Be kind to one another and maybe you will be lucky enough to remain in someone's heart forever. 
p.s. I looked up to see if I could find information on the H.M.S Winchester, Wikipedia has varied thoughts as to what may have happened to this ship, one even says it is off the coast of Florida. Go figure. 

Factoid: Hong Kong's: POPULATION7,122,508 GDP PER CAPITA$45,550.61 per capita

p.p.s If you click on the photos they should enlarge and you can tab to the next one.



















No comments:

Post a Comment