Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rain Rain go away!

Nery and I walked most of Wan Chai today in the on and off again rain! We decided to pamper ourselves a bit, I had a manicure and Nery had a pedicure. We then walked and shopped, fortunately for my husband, everything is three sizes too small or too short for me! We then decided to get our feet massaged, and went to Happy Feet, this was an interesting experience to say the least! My lady was doing reflexology on my feet and when ever she would pass over my thyroid area on the foot, I would have excruciating pain which made me break out in to hysterical laughter. My lady said she could not imagine me giving birth laughing the way I did! I then had cupping, and Nery had and acupressure massage. What is cupping you may ask, Cupping is an ancient Chinese method of causing local congestion. A partial vacuum is created in cups placed on the skin either by means of heat or suction. This draws up the underlying tissues. When the cup is left in place on the skin for a few minutes, blood stasis is formed and localized healing takes place. Cupping therapy has been further developed as a means to open the 'Meridians' of the body. Meridians are the conduits in the body through which energy flows to every part of the body and through every organ and tissue. There are five meridians on the back that, when opened, allow invigorating energy to travel the whole length of the body. It has been found that cupping is probably the best way of opening those meridians. Afterwards we continued to walk and shop and finally had dinner at Le Fleur, in Wan Chai. Nery leaves back home tomorrow morning, safe travels my sister, it has been "crazy business" fun! I love you.
Here are a few photos from Myanmar, get ready Amber, you are going to have some work to do!








good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment