Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekend Outings...

A few days have passed since I have written, I think I needed a little breather from shooting and writing, and really just wanted to reflect a bit on what I have seen so far. I think what has impacted me so far is the amount of wealth, the attraction to the material world and the lack of interaction amongst the people in Hong Kong. We have noticed 
hardly anyone smiles, I walked for blocks one time just smiling to see if anyone would smile, the answer was no!
Yesterday we went to the park, Ken painted for a bit and I shot, not a very productive day for me, I really got frustrated with my ability to shoot! Today made up for it, we went to Stanley on the other side of the island, made a few purchases and walked around and  people watched. We saw a little bit of everything, people having lunch, shopping, working, and enjoying the day with their families. Speaking of, I realize more and more each day how the only thing important to me are my friends and family. Ken in I have been blessed to have great friends & family. I love you all and am thankful to have you in our lives. I am thrilled that Nery is my first visitor in a few days and I hope to see the rest of you sometime soon.  Factoid for the day for those of you planning to visit:

Hong Kong's climate is sub-tropical, with temperatures dropping below 10 degrees Celsius in winter and exceeding 31 degrees Celsius in summer. It is warm, sunny and dry in autumn, cool and dry in winter, and hot, humid and rainy from spring to summer.
  • Average annual rainfall: 2 371.7 mm
  • Wettest month: September
  • Driest month: January
  • Winter: January-March
  • Summer: July-September
p.s. the last photo is the real color of the flower. :-)
















No comments:

Post a Comment