Thursday, May 10, 2012

Clarification on students and amino acids

Let me just clarify that the amino acid issue happened in Xiaogan, somewhere in China, not Japan. I think the U.S. needs to take a look at what the pressures the Eastern world places on its children. This incident was for national college exams, can you imagine what they do to the children that are testing for schools abroad. The U.S. universities  should not focus solely on the almighty $, and focus on educating our children as well. What I am trying to say is that over 30 % percent of the student population comes from abroad and universities accept them because the pay a full tuition most of the time aside from being bright. Well, as I write that, are they brighter than our kids or are the just more disciplined? Are they pushed beyond beyond limits? What does this do to a persons psyche? Why do they have to be  number one all the time and what happens if they are number two. I do not think that all of our children need to go university either, I think trade schools need to be reintroduced to U.S. schools as a viable option for our youth. Not everyone needs a PHD. We know that today not much can be done with a Bachelor degree, so why attend schools that are not state schools and start life out in debt. In the U.S. we need to do a better job of educating our children in primary schools. I remember one time I met these kids from Spain and they know more about geography and world history than most seniors in high school. I do think we coddle our children too much, I think we need to find a balance in life which both parts of the world East and West are missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment