Thursday, May 31, 2012

On a lighter note....Poop facts!

Now on a lighter note, someone for my birthday gave me one of those calendars the contain certain facts everyday, so I thought I would share with you a few facts about poop. Yes, you might say that I am obsessed with this issue as I have a very good diet and can find myself not going for several days even weeks. Enough about my personal issues, here you go: poop around the world: the amount of poop expelled per day varies from country to country. The average weight of stool in England is a 106 grams per day, while South Asians unload nearly four times that amount. This is due to largely a high fiber content in the Indian diet. Now if the Indians and other South Asians put this to work with this fact: After you flush down your poo, it ends up in a waster water treatment plant. There it ferments into biogas, a tremendous gas power resource. If biogas from the facility were captured and used to power a fuel cell, each person's poo could produce Approximately two watts of electricity per day. Now times that 3billion people in Asia/India and four times a day! Farting freedom,while most modern cultures shun those who pass flat us in public, a forward thinking ruler,Roman emperor Claudius (10B.C.) first legalized farting thousands of years ago out of concern for his subject's wellbeing. By lifting the ban of farting at banquets, he was in line with the prevailing notion that retaining flats could be harmful to one's health. I guess my grandfather thought he was Roman! Finally, how to say poo around the world: French, merde; German, scheisse; Greek, skata; Hungarian, vegbelsar; Italian, Merda; Japanese, kuso; Korean, Sheeba. Hint, do not name your daughters Sheeba! Tonight we are off to Bangkok to layover for pur flight tomorrow to Bhutan! Happy birthday Sandy! E

No comments:

Post a Comment