Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Best Laid Plans Gone Awry

Yesterday, was the first day we actually awoke with the light, no such luck today. I think it may be our bed that is made of steel, or at least it feels that way. One could actually break something if they threw themselves on this bed!
We had a plan, a great lunch a Ruth Chris with a fabulous bottle of Italian Vino, a walk to Wan Chai to see where we would await the fireworks. We did both, and then went to the grocery store to buy a few things. Well, I discovered something very funny or maybe not. Why would the grocery store purposely take a sharpie and black out writing on many their products? What does is say underneath? What don't they want people to know what is written and why do people accept this practice?




This of course got my attention, so I started photographing products of all kinds up and down the aisles to try and find out if any of the products had a common theme or an ingredient that they wanted blocked out. Here are a few photos, does anyone know the answer to this question? This must take an immense amount of time. If you look at the Newman's popcorn you will see that even the sides have been marked off? Does anyone have Newman's at home? I tried to look up photos on the internet, but have not gotten the right product yet.
Well, I will continue to investigate this to see if this is a practice of all the stores or just this one in particular.
After our grocery store adventure we came home and the heavens opened up. I though well there goes the plan of watching the fireworks and put on my pj's.  All of a sudden boom! The windows started to reverberate and the fireworks were on! My camera was on my tripod and I was set. The only obstacle a giant building between me and the harbor! Ken asked if I wanted to go down, I said no, I would have to change, run across the two centers between us and the harbor and I thought that the fireworks would well be over by the time I accomplished all of this.
Well the Chines fireworks last for at least 33 minutes! Plenty of time! I thought the cards did not want me to photograph the fireworks on this particular evening. Maybe next year.
By the way, if you post a comment, and I have never heard your alias before, could you let me know who you are?
Today, I am trying to figure out how to work one machine our washer/dryer!  And why the way my apartment is built bothers me, nothing is at a 90 degree angle, everything is off a bit, it is like a funnel, the apartment is a bit wider at the windows which means that nothing is straight! Am I that OCD? I thought it was only straightening out
crooked paintings.

1 comment:

  1. I found a photo of the Newman's own, they scratched out No Trans Fats also, 94% Fat Free.

    ReplyDelete