Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Winged ones.....

Today I decided to go to Kowloon park once again and really try and focus on using my Macro lens. I now have
a new appreciation for those that have mastered macro and nature photography. This requires a steady hand and a lot
of patience. I started off with a tripod, but waiting for a bee to land on a particular flower is like watching grass grow! In the afternoon I went to Sol-wellness center. An establishment the offers from A to Z in physical and spiritual health. A very interesting place with many options on how to achieve the balance the body needs to be healthy. I am excited because Chan had an acupressure matt that I have been looking for. I will let you know if sleeping on plastic needles really works! Ken and I visited a gallery on the way home, that had interesting contemporary artists.
I think people in Hong Kong are hooked by the worst invention in modern history, a smart phone! These people have their noses buried in their phone 24/7! They walk playing, texting, reading and doing whatever they are doing and NEVER looking up to see where they are going! It is crazy, so I just say "look up" and then bump them in to reality! They have no idea what color the sky is or whom is passing them by because their phones are up their nose! Sickening! So you factoid for today is that there are between 30 to 40 thousand U.S. citizens living in Hong Kong.
Good morning. Maria to answer you question, the old man with the gold hair was just on the street, no dogs allowed at the bird park. p.s. if you look closely at the fifth photo, this bee has a tic or something like it on its nape! crazy stuff!









1 comment:

  1. Sooooo trying to get a handle on the time differences! So weird that you do everything 1/2 day before us!
    Great shots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete