Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hello Sunshine!

What a difference a day makes!
We had sunshine and lots of it, for the first time in 8 days! We took advantage of the weather and walked for approximately six hours! We went to  the Sheung Wan neighborhood which we thought was rather far away and it turns out it was just down the street from a neighborhood we have become very familiar with. Funky, artsy, cool streets scene. Today all of the expats we encountered had initially planned a year or two here and 18 to 25 years later they are all still here! Right now that seems like such a foreign idea to me, I cannot imagine how one could do that, I guess it takes a special kind of person. Todays photos are folks going about their business, the first lady Ken thought her jacket to be funny, but her shoes and purse did match. The others for one reason or another just caught my eye.
I am still trying to decide what I want to shoot during this time here, I love shooting people, but in what way should I shoot? Any suggestions? I would welcome any opinions on the photos you have seen so far and what you would like to see in the future. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, I certainly enjoyed my day in the sun!













2 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how pleased I am that Elizabeth is taking the time every day to post her photos and to describe our daily rounds. Without it, so much would be lost! It really is an amazing world we live in, and there is so much to see, even in the most mundane aspects of daily life halfway around the world. You can see in some of the shots that I am trying to keep up in the images department by sketching and painting en plein aire when I can. It is an intimidating experience in Hong Kong (as it is in Beijing, I have found), because artists at work in the open air always attract crowds! What fun, though. I will get around to sending you all some images of my work as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Guys! Hoping you have many more days of sunshine! It seems winter is over- it's high of 80' to 81 all week! It is quite a commitment to write this blog! But I am enjoying "A day in a year in Hong Kong".
    As far as your pictures... Shoot exactly what you are doing. You'll capturing the culture,the emotions, the beat of Hong Kong! It's what you do best! Talk to you soon! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete