Friday, January 20, 2012

DAZED AND CONFUSED FIRST 24 HOURS IN HK


The day finally came when it was time to say goodbye, to family, friends, and pets. To my home of 47 years and everything familiar, driving, eating Cuban food, listening to DJ LAZ on the radio. All gone for now, but ever so sweetly remembered. Our flight was great Cathay Pacific first class out of Chicago,six movies and sixteen hours later arrived to my new home for the year. Hong Kong! Why now, why not? Lauren is in college, and we were asked, actually Ken was asked. I look at it this way, in the Chinese calendar this week will be the new year of the Dragon, the mightiest of all signs, the only sign that is a mythilogical sign. Funny thing is Ken is a Dragon and so am I! Go figure, two Dragons in the year of the Dragon, celebrating with the rest of Asia our first Chinese New Year celebration. Plus, I was here in 1999 with my life long friend Nerylane and I went to a fortune teller, he told me I would move here, I thought he was mad! Guess not, it was written in the stars. Who says your life is not planned? You my think you are making the moves, but you are a pawn of the heavens. The first night, we stayed at the Conrad hotel right next door to our apartment. We unpacked, Ken went to work for a bit and I spent the day setting up emails, phones, Tango and my blog. I think I will stop here, since I have yet to sleep more than six hours consecutively since we left and the bags under my eyes will soon reach my knees if I don't try and get some sleep. Good night or good morning to my loves.

3 comments:

  1. WoW ! hope you get some sleep Mami!! so excited you decided to do the blog! It's a great way to communicate your talents, feelings, experiences and who knows maybe you'll add author to your list of accomplishments!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how great it will be to hear from you on daily basis and excited as well. Have fun, if Jim gets better who knows, maybe we can visit. I sure miss you just knowing you are not down the street.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and Ken the very Best!!

    ReplyDelete