Thursday, April 26, 2012

Art galleries and Kowloon at night....

Yesterday Ken and I visited some of the galleries, one gallery Kwai Fung Hin had some great work from various Korean artists and the other Anita Chan Gallery featured a French artist, I always ask myself, what were they thinking? We then had a nice dinner at Ole. During dinner we were serenaded by two Pilipino guitarist and one of them sang. Ken asked for Guantanamera, and the waitress from Nepal, said "I love that song it is one of my favorites"! Of course the guy starts to play and I start to cry! Why I do not why, I wish I did, is it sadness because I long to know the country I came from? Is it that I have not gotten to know the country that is so strong, despite the despair they have endured to fifty plus years and I have been denied the right to visit? Guantanamera was written in 1929, and it is still being sung by people around the world. Name one other song that has come from an island or any country that the world knows! I really don't know of any other song that has lasted throughout time and cultural differences.  Kowloon at night is amazing, the city lights up literally and physically, thousands of people walking the streets of the night market, and the stalls sell everything you can think of, ties, belts, purses, phone covers, shoes and so much more.
Today I read in the paper that a woman street cleaner had her foot run over by a car and no one came to here aid, for ten minutes she sat there alone and in pain. She was very upset that many people walked by her and no one stopped to help. From what I have seen and heard this is the norm in Hong Kong. If it does not affect you or your immediate family, they don't help! I thought this is what separated us from animals, but I guess this is not so in Hong Kong. 
I am preparing for my trip to Yunnan, my moms visit and then my trip home. I have a list a mille long of the pills that I have been on for the past three months. Here it goes: Augmentin (twice) ,Curam, Slotheo, Singular, Bisolvon, Polaramine (twice), Telfast (twice),Sudafed, Zinnat, Flagyl, Ephedrine (twice), Clarityne,Atarax, Piriton, Clarinase and then four different kinds of cough drops and inhalers. Finally I had two days of no green snot! Today they were back! I hope tomorrow I am clear for my flight. Good night :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment