Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dr. Tung Kan and herbal medicine here I come!

 It has been raining for the last three days, but I like it better than the heat I felt the other day. Next time I will wear my galoshes. I came home soaked after five hours of walking. When I took my photo workshop, Craig the instructor told me he goes to a Chinese medicine man, so I said okay, let me give him as shot since Western medicine has not worked for two months! I went downstairs to my concierge asked them to call the doctor to make an appointment for me since Dr. Tung does not speak English. They made my appointment for 12:30, it was now 10:30. I thought okay, I do not know Causeway Bay so I better go early. So I jumped on the trolley and took out my map and guessed at which exit to get off, easy as that! I took out my umbrella and started to walk and walk, I found the building relatively soon and I now had one and a half hours to kill, so I walked some more! In Kong Kong it is impossible to find any stores because they are never on the main floor. You have to look at the directory and see what business is which building. So After an hour and fifteen of walking I found my way to Dr. Tung's office. This was going to be interesting, I sat in the waiting room and Dr. Tung asked this woman to tell me in English to wait a while, and that is what I did. An hour or so passed and another man came in, we said hello and then the doctor came out and ask the older man to translate for me. Okay, I am set, we all go in to the doctors office, the doctor has his fingers on my wrist and starts speaking to this guy and the guy starts asking questions. After much back and forth, I see my translator turning fifty shades of RED. Poor man, I am sure this is the last thing he wanted was to come to the doctor and translate for a foreigner. The man says to me after much hesitation, I am so embarrassed, I said it is okay ask away. He says "I forgot the word" so here it goes.....do you have a hard time shitting? I said yes I am constipated. He says okay is it dry? I said what is dry? Your shit is it dry? I don't know I said, he says is it hard to get out? I said yes! No lie this was my afternoon! This poor man proceeded to sit with me and go through the entire consultation with me. And then the Doctor writes out my script for Chinese medicine! YUCK! I take my script and the nice man says to me, if you are not in a hurry, you can wait for me and I will take you when I go to refill my script. This nice man proceeded to tell me that Dr. Tung has saved his life, I asked why? He then told me after many visits to the Western doctors they told him he had a fatty liver and that he was on the verge of death, and after many meds and treatment, he was not getting better. So he found Dr. Tung and now has his fatty liver under control, he was diagnosed in 2009. I paid my doctor a $150 HK which is $19.50 U.S.. My new friend I and started to walk to the Chinese pharmacist in the rain. The new friend even showed me what exit from the subway to take to the pharmacy. When we arrived to the pharmacist, I handed the paper to the chemist and my new friend told me how to take my medicine, he then told them boil it for there for me and I would pick it up later. I thanked my friend a million times and he went on his way. The pharmacist told me that I could pay after my three days of treatment. They told me "come back in two hours and you can have your brew". So I walked some more since I now had another two hours to kill. I had lunch, walked around some more and then picked up my brew. Wow what an awful smell! I had two styrofoam cups with lids in a bag, and the man says to me "take one now and then take the other one an hour or so from now, and see you tomorrow". Lucky me I get to do this again for the next two days! I took the subway back and drank the first of my brew, of course while holding my nose. Tomorrow I get the CT scan of my brain to check my sinuses and then I go to the other doctor and finally to pick up my brew! I am approaching my apartment and this Indian man says to me "lucky lady".....And there I got suckered in to giving $50 HK because this man told me I was going to have long happy life, and that there was one woman in particular that pretends to be my friend, but talks smack behind my back and not to say my wishes because she will wish against them. I thought to myself Hmmmmmm I wonder whom this could be, but then he said not to worry that I would have a long happy life and it would be with my love, Ken. So I gave him 50 HK, he said that is all you have, he asked me for 100 250 or 500...I said that is all, but the guru's in India are going to pray for you, I said well they will have to pray for me with the $50....








At least I am not the poor soul that has no legs that pans for money in Kowloon. Here are some shots of the rain and a photo from the poor soul in Kowloon.

No comments:

Post a Comment