Saturday, April 21, 2012

Finished my tea, had my CT scan, and got my visa!

Today I finished my last set of tea concoction, thank God, it is over for now. Ken came with me and I gave him a sip of my tea, and her says, oh my God disgusting! I drank the first one at the shop, took the trolley to the bookstore and  had my second tea when I got home, holding my nose of course and then swallowing some papaya pills right after to take the taste out of my mouth. It doesn't work, but psychologically I feel better. The funny thing is that I paid only $37.00 U.S. for three days of tea, and they brew the stinky stuff at the shop. Most of the locals are surprised that I even went to a Chinese doctor and drink the tea. What they do not know is that when I was younger (much younger) I suffered from migraines and the only thing that helped me was a Chinese medicine man on 163 rd St. Po Se Tong, he spoke no English, but he was great with needles and it is there that I developed my faith in Chinese medicine. These shops are medicine shops are everywhere and every so often you can smell the brew walking down the street and you want to buckle over from the smell. But guess what, two months of being on every kind of antibiotic and Western medicine has not helped me. I still have green snot, but I am getting better. I had my scan on Friday and my doctor gets the results on Monday. My young doctor said he does believe Chinese medicine to work and did not mind me going to my other medicine man. Now I am trying to figure out how I get all this paper that I have purchased home! I am so excited about the workshop that I will be doing at the Museum when I get home! Want to join me? Send me an email and I will send you the information. The photos below are a result of this process, the great thing is you can practically do any kind of photograph, I like portraits, but have done flowers, and I think I might try some of the food the Chinese sold at the markets, like fish or fruit. I hope you all have a great weekend! I forgot to tell you that I applied for a Chinese visa, and they gave me multiple entries for one year! Usually they only give a one entry. I am excited!





No comments:

Post a Comment