Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Monsoon season quickly approaching

Yesterday the rains began and continued today. I did venture out, but only for a bit. I can tell you the humidity in Florida pales in comparison to Hong Kong. This may be a three shower summer! Yesterday it was a two shower day.
I finally found some paper yesterday in Kowloon, which by the way the most densely populated area in the world.
I walked for over two and a half miles, but thankfully figured out my way, with my map and old lady glasses in tow.
I have big rolls and small of paper. Today before going out I quickly sketched a nude, a little scary, but wanted to test one of the papers. I told Ken I will leave the legs to him, maybe I should stick to photography. I applied for a visa for China today, I really want to visit mainland China, particularly the Yunnan province. Here is the weather that I will encounter for the rest of the year. Spring brings warmer and more humid weather. There is a sharp increase in rainfall around April. Spring is the cloudiest time of the year, with March and April both averaging only around 100 hours of bright sunshine.
Summer weather is hot, humid and unstable. Thunderstorms and brief showers are common, as well as sunny conditions. August has the highest average rainfall of any month. Temperatures usually exceed 30°C during the day, which, coupled with a high humidity, can result in an extreme heat index. Extreme heat indices are also caused by continuous sunshine and low breeze, usually last long around July and August, is a result in subtropical high pressure areas. This also occurs before typhoons hitting Hong Kong or nearby regions in the northeast, e.g. Taiwan or Eastern Coast of China, such outbound airstream bring even hotter weather, in addition to dirtier air. Nights are also warm with an average minimum temperature of 26°C. Hong Kong is frequently hit by typhoons in summer.
Autumn is generally considered as the most pleasant season. Temperatures are still high (20-27°C) while humidity and rainfall are considerably lower. Moreover, autumn is the sunniest season in Hong Kong, with October and November both averaging close to 200 hours of bright sunshine. 

And now my meager attempt at my nude. In my defense it took me five minutes, as you can tell by the crazy lines :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment